Backgammon Board Points
The triangles on the backgammon board are called points. The points are numbered for each one of the players starting in the player’s home board. The outermost point is the 24 point, which is also the opponent’s 1 point.
Setting up the Backgammon Board
The arrangement of the checkers on the backgammon board is done prior each backgammon game. The checkers are placed on each player’s 24, 13, 8 and 6 points in the following order: two on each player’s 24 point, five on each player’s 13 point, three on each player’s 8 point and five on each player’s 6 point.
Backgammon Board Facts
- Backgammon board average size is about 21 inches (53 cm) high and 27.5 wide (70 cm).
- Today, the backgammon board is arranged so the players will be facing each other, but in the past, backgammon boards were designed to fit players who sit next to each other; instead of the bar, a thin line divided between each player’s home and outer board.
- The largest backgammon board was painted on 100,000 square feet on the incoming flight path at Gatwick Airport in London.
- The oldest backgammon board was discovered in 2007 at the archeological site of the 6,000 years old Shahr-e Sokhteh (“Burnt City”) in Southeast Iran. The board was found along with a set of 60 game pieces.
- The most expensive backgammon board was designed by the artist Bernard Maquin for the Charles Hollander collection and it is made of 61,082 diamonds and 6.77 kg of yellow gold.
Другие статьи нарды:
- Мастера игры в нарды
- Нарды на деньги
- Игра Нарды
- Нарды Стратегия
- Варианты игры в нарды
- Как играть в нарды
- Backgammon Opening Rolls
- Sharpen Your Skill with 40 Backgammon Tips
- Skill in Backgammon
- Recommended Backgammon Books
- Jacoby Rule
- Doubling Cube
- Backgammon Tips
- Правила игры в нарды
- Hарды – Рекомендуемая Перемещает
- Нарды… удача или вероятность!
- Нарды – Распространенные ошибки
- Нарды игра – основы
- Побить или занять пункт?
- Первые ходы
- Play65™ Нарды Онлайн